Welcome to Moscow, Idaho
The Palouse Region Attractions:
What to do in the Palouse Region? We would need whole new web site (or two) to give you a comprehensive guide of all worth-seeing attractions. This is just a short extract. There is much more to see and do. We apologize to the places we did not mention here and recommend to visit Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Pullman Chamber of Commerce for more information.
- Washington State University – for information about the tours, call (509) 335-5586.
- University of Idaho – to arrange for the tour, call (208) 885-6163.
- Moscow Mountain – breathtaking view of Moscow and the Palouse.
- Kamiak Butte County Park – hike park’s trails at 3641 feet or stay overnight at the campground (509) 397-6238.
- Steptoe Butte State Park – have a picnic and please your eyes with spectacular view (509) 646-9218.
- Elk Creek Falls Recreation Area – 300 feet of sparkling cascades (208) 875-1131.
- The University of Idaho Arboretum, Moscow, (208) 885-6250.
- The Chipman Trail – seven mile paved trail between Moscow and Pullman.
Swimming and Indoor Recreation
- Visit Hamilton-Lowe Aquatics Center, Moscow, (208) 882-7665.
- Pullman Aquatic Center – an indoor multi-purpose, children’s, and therapy pools, the fitness center, (509) 338-3290.
- WSU Student Recreation Center – swimming pool, fitness, cardio center, gym courts, Pullman, (509) 335-8732.
- UI Student Recreation Center – the 55-feet tall climbing wall and much more, Moscow, (208) 885-1212.
- The UI Golf Course in Moscow, 18-hole, Par 72, (208) 885-6171.
- The WSU Golf Course in Pullman, 9-hole, Par 36, (509) 335-4342.
- Elks Golf Club, 9-hole, Par 36, two miles east of Moscow, (208) 882-3015.
- Historic McConnell Mansion – transfer into 1886 to be guest of Idaho’s 3rd governor William MacConnell, (208) 882-1004.
- Appaloosa Horse Museum and Heritage Center - a must see for any horse-lover, Moscow, (208) 882-5578.
- Perkins House – the Victorian-style house built in Colfax in 1886 (509) 229-3548.
- Conner Museum – on the WSU campus with collection of birds and mammals, Pullman, (509) 335-3515.
- St. Boniface Catholic Church – from 1905 with original altars, statues, windows and paintings, Uniontown, (509) 229-3359.
- Farmer’s Market – every Saturday 8 to noon – May through October at Friendship Square in downtown Moscow.
- The Palouse Mall, Moscow, (208) 882-8893
- Moscow Food Co-op – for those thinking organic, Moscow, (208) 882-8537
- Square One Antique Mall, Pullman, (509) 332-0771
- Hyperspud – sporting goods, Moscow, (208) 883-1150
- Guided Idaho Star Garnet mining trips at the Emerald Creek Garnet Area, (208) 245-2531.
- Camas Winery tours and tasting (800) 616-0214.
- Rafting on the Salmon River or in the Hells canyon of the Snake River, call (800) 380-1801 or (800) 365-6948.
- Fishing on Clearwater/Snake rivers.